Sunday, June 15, 2008

Winch Gaps and sich...

Started the day out at TSR today, just mellowing out after the weekend-long brodown that is the Texas Toe Jam. I played some ping pong and guitar with Ross Gardner, along with some gnarly tech decking around the facility. We spotted Davey creepin on the beach with his fro, so we called him up to the balcony where he spilled a little bit of his soul into the air with the help of Ross' guitar. Collin Gee was out on the water kicking ass with some of the smoothest kickflips in America and some rail steez for dessert. Collin gets me hella stoked every time I'm around him. My new homie Jim was out there shredding too, putting down some sick 3 shuvs and box hits on his 08 Island Style Integrity skate. Kid is way baller. Frogskins and neon boardies. After taking a few shots with my still cam, the wind let up a bunch and the line got short, setting the wakeskate mood for me and apparently the trick ski mood for Ross. Pretty intense. I threw my fins out at Backdoor a few times and got a few laybacks as well, a pretty good frontside sesh, hopefully it makes it into the vid.

We (Me, Bret Little, Collin Gee, and Dave Hanson) dried off and left the TFR (Texas Fun Ranch), to go out to dinner at Chili's (Failville, USA). Our waitress apparently can't comprehend simple concepts such as "No vegetables please" nor "Can I get that receipt please?" so I was less than stoked to deal with that, but the quesadillas were good... whatever.

We went back to Bret Little's place for me to finish packing all my stuff and it turned into an indoor old school skate sesh with Davey doing some gnarly sidestepping on the stuntwood. Late shuvs for Collin G. We listened to some island style reggae and I shoved all my stuff into 3 small bags to get myself back in travel mode. We are about to spend 5 days on the road, riding in Houston, winching in Dallas, and generally shredding Texas a new one. I gave Dave some shit for not updating this dealy more and in turn he handed me the laptop with the blog controls ready to rage. It's 1 am and I wanna go to bed. I haven't been sleeping much since I got to Texas. Too much fun shit to be doing...

I love wakeskating.





`nicky T

No comments: